Through the development of my project and research I have changed the direction of my project. Initially I was going to document the creation process of my data visualisation, and provide the data visualisation as a secondary document. However after discussion with my employers (who’s data I was visualising), it was discussed that for privacy I would only supply these documentation to them, to protect the sensitive information. Instead I am creating a Designers’ Guidelines to Visualising Information. The document will cover the following elements:
- Brief History of data visualisation
- Exploration of cybernetics and cognitive understanding of information.
- Visualisation and the design process
- Digital literacy and Communication 2.0
- Visualization: Learning and Education
- Future and obstacles.
The document should act as a guide, highlighting some considerations that need to be taken when developing a piece of visualization. Whilst also providing a strategy for designers, to better utalize neuroscience breakthroughs to more…
View original post 114 more words