On The scientific Relevance of eSports: Michael G. Wagner
The eSport Debate: Matthew Winchell
Ten reasons why chess is a sport : John Foley
- Is eSports a real sport?
- How relevant is eSports?
- Definition: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
- eSport video games do involve some form of physical exertion, even though it’s small (Eg eye movements, wrist and finger movements). This is where the injuries would occur
- The majority of exertion being used is purely mental exertion since video games massively rely on fast reaction time and great tracking.
- If chess is a sport (which it is according to The International Olympic Committee)
- Competitive. Two highly competitive teams duke it out to win. Same as every other sport and often much for fast-paced than chess
- Well established.
View original post 380 more words