BCM325 – Reflection on Commenting

Post #4 – Reflection on Commenting

UOW Communications Blog

Comment #1: Yuanxin (Wendy) Wen

Wendy’s beta presentation outlines her intention to explore the possible amalgamation of virtual and robot pets in the future. Specifically, she talks about Pokémon Go and the opportunity for it to extend beyond the virtual and into the physical. When reflecting upon my approach to commenting on Wendy’s blog, it’s clear that I possess a highly sceptical and dystopian sentiment towards the future. When thinking about why I instinctively gravitate towards this view, I realise it stems from my underlying fear and distrust of establishment. Throughout my university experience, I have developed a sense of ‘them’ and ‘us’ regarding the ‘elite’ in contrast to ‘the rest of us’. I believe that the growing divide in global power, wealth and knowledge means that the 95% are highly susceptible to manipulation by of the other 5%. This leads me to always consider the possibility of exploitation…

View original post 327 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s