I’ve always had an interest in how businesses use social media to market themselves. Strong businesses utilise social media effectively, ultimately giving them a competitive edge and gaining the trust of consumers. A great example of a business using social media well is Milky Lane – who have primarily used social media to market themselves.
Earlier this year I created my own social media business after a few people had expressed interest. I’ve had multiple jobs and internships in the social media industry that has allowed me to develop the skills and knowledge needed to slowly start my own business. The BCM3 will allow me the time and resources to give my business the jumpstart it needs.
With the threat of COVID-19 on small businesses the near future is unknown. Each day new information is released for businesses to follow forcing may to reduce staff and shutdown. I want to help the future of these businesses through social media marketing and guidance through these times.
Since social media marketing is most likely not a priority for small businesses during this pandemic and most businesses would not have the budget to hire a full time social media manager I will offer basic social media services for free or at a reduced rate. This will also help me get more experience along with gaining testimonials and references for the future.
I want to act ASAP as things are quickly changing.
- Finish setting up and optimising my website
- Establishing an online presence and create a basic content calendar to plan my social media posts
- Update my packages and plans to fit COVID-19
- Get feedback from friends, family and industry professionals.
- Start reaching out to small businesses via local Facebook groups, emails and paid social media ads.
- Connect with community online noticeboards
- Closely follow the guidelines of the government.
- Follow the guidelines
- Continue to establish an online presence and optimise my website
- Re-assess my DA and make any changes as necessary.