Finally gained access to the blog 🙂
I first found interest in the future of the meat industry after watching an episode of the Netflix Original Series “Explained”. In the episode titled “The Future of Meat”, they had several scientists explain how meat is not a sustainable way of life and will eventually lead to the downfall of the human race.
When analysing already collected data, numerous scholars all agreed that meat was not going to be as present in our diets as it is today. This is due to a variety of reasons including:
- It takes 75 times more energy to produce meat than it does to produce a vegetable. (TheWorldCounts, 2020)
- Takes up a large portion of land mass. (TheWorldCounts, 2020).
- 75 billion animals are killed each year. (Netflix, Explained, 2019).
- 50 percent of meat eaters would rather go vegan than kill an animal themselves for Food (Loria, 2018).
- Increasing its consumption of meat…
View original post 182 more words