How music streaming services are allowing us to live a more sustainable lifestyle while decreasing the use of music piracy that is destroying the music industry.
My digital artefact utilizes the FIST approach.
- F – Fast (quick development)
- I – Inexpensive (no money is required)
- S – Simple (simple idea to support a bigger issue)
- T – Tiny (short tik tok videos are easy to construct in little time but can pack a punch).
My production timeline is a guide to follow over the next couple of months for the development of my digital artefact. I plan to follow this to the best of my abilities but we all know there can be many hurdles along the way that are disrupt this pattern, this will be documented and acknowledged throughout.
- Csathy, P 2020, The Future Of Music: Where It Is Today & Where It’s Going In The Next Decade, Forbes, viewed 16th March 2020, <https://www.forbes.com/sites/petercsathy/2020/02/02/the-future-of-music-where-it-is-today–where-its-going-in-the-next-decade/?sh=12d889c7707e>
- Furbee, C 2020, Gen Z Makes Sustainability Important for All Businesses, SigEarth, viewed 16th March 2020, <https://sigearth.com/gen-z-makes-sustainability-important-for-all-businesses/#:~:text=Gen%20Z%20is%20not%20only,up%20to%20a%2010%25%20premium.>
- Jacca 2020, Music piracy continues to die after services like Spotify saved an industry from illegal download doom, RouteNote, viewed 15th March 2020, <https://routenote.com/blog/music-piracy-continues-to-die-after-services-like-spotify-saved-an-industry-from-illegal-download-doom/>
- Moore, C 2020, ‘Trajectories and Planning’, Powerpoint Slides, BCM325, University of Wollongong, delivered 15 March 2020.
- Naveed, K, Watanabe, C & Neittaanmäki, P 2017, ‘Co-evolution between streaming and live music leads a way to the sustainable growth of music industry – Lessons from the US experiences’, Technology in Society, vol. 50, pp. 1-19.
- Spotify 2019, Sustainability and Social Impact Report, viewed 15 March 2020, <http://q4live.s22.clientfiles.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/540910603/files/doc_downloads/govDocs/2019/03/2018-Spotify-Sustainability-Report-FINAL.pdf>