(BCM 325 Beta Peer Comments)
Comment 1: Chau’s DA Beta
Quick summary of DA:
Chau is blogging about the future marketing strategies and plans of the high fashion industry hoping 5-10 years into the future.
Key Points of my comment:
- good initial post + interaction
- worth looking into IBISWorld marketing industry reports (UOW access)
- Marketing shift to humans focusing on creative processes and letting numbers chose where to spend
- AI in marketing 5-10 years?
Comment 2: Shuning’s DA Beta
Quick summary of DA:
A blog and YouTube series about future of food.
- feedback received and implemented
- what’s the exact frame
- public interaction well
- looking at GDP effect on diet as a starting point if its a close future
Comment 3: Melanie’s DA Beta
Quick summary of DA:
Melanie’s own summary “In this DA we break down technologies depicted in future societies to see if they would in fact work in reality”
- creative forecasting building on others
- string futurists link
- start with those you can access for a feedback loop
- technology rather than film based interactions suggested
- outrageous claims/catchy lines suggested to get attention
- other mediums directing to blog suggested
- evaluating my cross disciplinary knowledge of marketing into my DA is something I hadn’t even considered until trying to help others
- I believe I provided a different perspective to hopeful help peers further their DA mostly with engagement ideas
- other people are working in groups which I hadn’t even considered maybe its something I need to think about in future to create more wholistic products
- The click bait attention span of the world currently
- Looking into multiple futurists connections into my content and also the week 2 lecture of sci-fi future predictions and how that lines up with my own DA
My blog: http://jaz.zguy.com/?p=505
Live tweeting and BCM 325. For Future cultures we are watching different movies together as screenings throughout the session. While we do this we tweet together on the #bcm325 hashtag on twitter I engage with this account.
This blog will be a look back at my contributions and an analysis of what worked what didn’t and how I can ups my game in the future. Due to Time zone differences I have been watching the BCM325 screenings at a different time to the rest of the class which will change in the future but is a core part of my current live tweeting adventure.
The most class tweet interaction I got was for West World where I had time to watch the screening before the class screen and guessed where to schedule my tweets during the tutorial.
this seems to indicate that timing is much more of a factor and while random bots and people interacted with some of my tweets outside of the BCM 325 class:
I think this interaction is mostly just showing me that it is more important for me to be timely with my tweeting than necessarily the content they contain.
this is evident from probably my two best discussions with multiple tweets coming from West World:
for this response I was probably within 1.5 hours of the screening ending to respond and again be responded to. This only backs up my previous thoughts
Here was a similar story, a tweet I had scheduled had been guess correctly to match when people were seeing and discussing this idea during the screening.
as you can see though this didn’t always start a discussion and often ended like this:
I would comment but by the time people come across it the opportunity was missed and people just drop a like sometimes or nothing but the discussion is over.
This seemingly may not appear to help me going forward. However, this indicates that even when I have planned tweets scheduling them is not a great idea (if I can be there for the screening) so that you can time it to the exact right moment of the film. This I think will be crucial for me going forward into the second half of the screenings where I have seen the majority of them before. This will allow greater pre planning which is currently done in notes on my iPad before, during and after my own screening time:
Whilst there wasn’t always high engagement with my tweets a few of them got quality engagement in the for of a tutor retweet and so far I have used this to help inform future weeks tweeting. This is due to the fact it is the most consistent feedback mechanism I have had up to this point.
Most of the tweets under this banner have been informative with deeper analysis or informative with a bit of humour (well at least I think so).
I have also been retweeting points that I resonate with or have reshaped how I view the movie and liking those I find funny or informative but not quite as significant. However I don’t think there is much to be learned from this as it is hard to contribute to engagement of certain tweets when everyone else is offline. I endeavour to work on this as I head into screening with my tutorial group from next week. I plan to post more question based tweets aimed at creating discussion then I have been recently to make the most of this opportunity going forward but also learning from my own reflection here and other students tweeting reflections.
My Blog: http://jaz.zguy.com/?p=485
(BCM325 peer comments)
I first looked at Candace’s pitch which is on her blog Here.
Candace is planning the running of social media accounts for Pottery Box across Tik Tok, Facebook and instagram.
Main comment points:
- Good links to research into the future growth of Tik Tok
- Delivery was jarring and didn’t seem particularly interested in the project personal due to the use of a synthesised voice over
- Pitch video exceeded the Time constraints
- No real indication of a timeframe of future thinking
- I suggest looking into the lecture content for week 3 on trajectories and planning to further integrate BCM325 content into this DA
- good graphical representation of plans and it is probably something I could implement to help improve the clarity of my presentations
- I don’t have the greatest in depth understanding of planning in terms of short term for BCM325 as my DA is focused further out so I couldn’t give the greatest subject specific content responses
- Like my own pitch the ending is abrupt and is even longer than the allowed time which means I think its a common thread we both need to improve of timing and ending well
Next we go to Chelsea who’s pitch is Here.
Chelsea is creating a 5 year plan for Chae an online content creation business. with a main focus of podcast development over that time and continuing with other content.
Main comment points:
- a good integration of an existing project into a future thinking
- are you are trying to tackle 2 projects, 1 creating a plan for Chae and 2 forecasting/talking about the future of Chae through your podcast
- Good academic and relevant research into podcasts popularity, podcast function and business growth
- good use of hyperlinks throughout your contextual statement
- I think this DA idea is similar to mine at first two different ideas where one is more thought out then the other but it has not yet been decided on which DA to stick with but I am glad I chose one and talked this through with Angus (My BCM325 tutor)
- My academic research is showing to be more and more lacking as I read more of these pitches
- I could more effective showcase some of my research with hyperlinks in my contextual statement and a bibliography
Last we are looking at Jack’s pitch which you can find Here.
Jack is looking at the future of music and its accessibility both production and consumption and showcasing this through YouTube video essays.
Main comment points:
- well structure flow with clear progression through pitch video
- not really much researching backing links to BCM325 but it does address the future in a general way
- can easily add academic research looking at past patterns to help identify future music trends and industry articles like this
- good to hear it has utility for you and those you are producing it for these are the best projects for uni from my experience
- after viewing this pitch I realise my comments on the previous two pitches were lacking comment about audience as neither pitch addressed audience well and that is something I forgot was needed after doing my own pitch
- Pitch is very reminiscent of my in person pitches for previous BCM subjects and I think their might have been a bit too much focus on aesthetic of the video over subject research which is something I think I also can do a-lot
- This pitch showed me a lot of the things I am also doing poorly and how easy they are spotted in someone else’s work and how I need to try and be more self aware of these things going. forward.
also on my blog: http://jaz.zguy.com/?p=470
I intend on creating 4 video essays posted to YouTube on my previously used channel. Each video will address a different element/peice of the production processes from factory games eg: convey belts, assemblers, rockets. This will allow me to talk/start discussion on these ideas and use this content to hopeful create engagement in factory game communities on reddit.
I plan to make a total of 4 of these videos during the semester with 2 being release before the beta approximately 2 weeks apart and 2 after hopefully receiving feedback from audience and BCM peers before the DA is due.
My Blog: http://jaz.zguy.com/?p=462
“Business owners must try to adapt strategic choices to match the current internal organisational situation and external market conditions.”McDowell, Harris and Geho, 2016, p. 1907
Aquilah Productions has become a major part of Bachelor and Communications degree. Whether it be part of a assessment or not, I have been developing it since i was in hight school for a way for me to express my creativity and my professional portfolio.
‘Brands’ notoriously have difficulty retaining interest over time (Preece et al. 2018, p. 331). And, this is especially true for niche accounts like mine and is integral that i must continue to adapt to the continuous paradigm shifts in modern media in order to stay relevant in the current media climate.
Check out Aquilah Productions
“People are coming to realise that they must take responsibility for the future, both for their own individual futures and collectively, for the …Future Career Planning
Hi everyone, I’d like to start a new food program with my parter Sheng. It is about shop exploration which is popular in China.
Shop exploration is actually applicable to many areas of life, such as restaurant, local lifestyle, travel, shopping, entertainment and others. There are various fields can be combined with short video of exploration type.
We intend to create 3-4 video essays posted on YouTube, Weibo and Tiktok. Our topic is about shop exploration which is actually applicable to many areas of life, such as restaurant, local lifestyle, travel, shopping, entertainment and others. There are various fields that can be combined with a short video of exploration type. We both like enjoying tasting delicious food, thus it is a suitable and enjoyable topic for us.
Fast – We will upload our video essay on YouTube, Weibo and Tiktok. Our videos are no more than 5 minutes. Thus it is convenient for people to use a mobile phone or laptop to watch.
Inexpensive – Our videos are totally free.
Simple and Tiny – Each video essay has its own topic. The lighthearted theme and delicious-looking pictures won’t burden the audience.
This Digital Artefact will be an indirect continuation of a previous project I completed in BCM212 for my #MYCURIOSITY study. This project will look at similar components to my previous study e.g., what is the fast fashion industry and what are the relevant environmental impacts? However, in order to stay relevant to the BCM325 subject, I will be predominately focusing on how these impacts are going to affect the future.
I will create a series of 3 short video essays that will be uploaded to YouTube, this ensures I’m following the F.I.S.T methodology. Everything I will be creating will be fast and inexpensive, as I’m using a platform that allows me to upload freely and with relative ease. Furthermore, the main concept I’ve planned for each video is to answer one question per video, which ensures I am following all the key principals of F.I.S.T (Fast, Inexpensive…
View original post 117 more words
It’s been a few weeks since I first pitched my Digital Artefact idea for BCM325 Future Cultures. As I have been working on it and have received feedback, the project has changed a little. Previously, Josh Sorensen and I planned to write and produce a podcast set about 30 – 40 years in the future about two isolated individuals, who having missed the apocalypse, find each over radio and try to discover what happened. The difficulties of producing this podcast with the lockdown and remote learning have proven to be substantial. Combined with a suggestion from some feedback that I blog about the writing process, both Josh and I have shifted our focus primarily to writing.
My plan for this project now is to focus on writing:
- working towards completing the scripts and have some posted online,
- Producing a few short blogs on the writing process, and
- Working on some…
View original post 18 more words